Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Mistress has been sold!

This post is very upsetting for me. We purchased the mistress when Gordon turned 25 and had what I called his "quarter life crisis". He so badly wanted a little British car that he could fix up and he found this little 1956 MGA that was in some one's side year that looked like a pile of rust, actually I felt that $500 for it was way too much, but Gordon convinced me that they were rare and this way a good deal. Well Gordon worked countless hours on her and spent oodles (yes, easily in the thousands) of money (hence her name "The Mistress") and this is what she looks like today. The MG is super fun to drive even though is doesn't have any kind of top at all, no A/C, no power steering, but it does have a Chevy V6 that pushes it right along! It's been a while since she has been driven and Gordon hates to see it just sitting and getting dinged in the garage by brooms and tools, so he decided to sell. Dad's little tiny red car (as Jude calls it, since we have 2 other red cars...yes, the Magnum and Expedition are both red) will be picked up today by the shipping company that is taking it to it's new owner on the east coast. We hope he enjoys it and takes good care of it! We will miss her! Goodbye little Mistress!

2 comments:

Tiana Johnson said...

Okay, leave me in suspense why don't you!!! I wanted to know how much someone paid for such a saucy mistress! Red, no less. Perfect color for a mistress. She's beautiful! I've never seen her painted until now, though Hyrum swears I have. He says I'm losing my memory, which actually is pretty common while I'm preg. Anyway, I'm sure it was a sad day. Wonder what his midlife crisis car will be?

The Lanyons said...

It's lovely. And maybe the reason why it doesn't have AC is because it's from Britain! Almost no one out here has AC in their house because it never gets hot enough to use it!!