So the past few days I have been home with a sick Jude and he has finally become stir crazy! I now know that my son gets serious CABIN FEVER! The only place that he has been in 3 days is to the doctor twice and otherwise he has not had the energy to do much else, until today. If you don't know a crazy cold and the flu has been swirling throughout our whole George family and poor little Kai probably got the worse dose of it, and Jude loves Kai so much that it's hard to keep them apart, so Jude and Maile both got the cold associated with the RSV that Kai had. Jude woke up Thursday morning with a serious cough (and since he had Croup when he was really little I knew the tell tale cough sound) so he missed school and went to the doctor instead. The doctor confirmed, yes croup, but no medicine, he said continue with the Tylenol cold plus that we had given him that morning. I had to drag the poor little guy to work, because it was payday and I had to get that done, and Gordon had people scheduled. Jude mostly just sat on his couch and watched shows. So Friday he woke up even worse and now with a fever, which the doctor said come back in if there's a fever, so he could check his ears...still only croup. I swear anytime a kid hears that they are going to the doctor, the fever magically disappears and the cough lightens up...I told the doctor I really wasn't a lying and that he really was terrible sick that morning. Anyway, he's good now Hooray!!! And my whole point to this post has totally drug on!
So tonight Gordon was tickling up Jude who was trying to play his cars on the table after dinner while I was cleaning up and Jude was laughing "stop Dad" so I told Jude to tell Dad "Stop harshing my groove man" and Jude said to Gordon " Stop crushing my roof man"! We got a good laugh out of it and it made his night!
I am now the Sunbeam teacher at church (yes I have 5-7, 3-year olds each Sunday to teach) and the kids say great stuff. A couple of weeks ago we have a lesson on the earth and all the things that were created on the earth. I have one little boy in my class that comes regularly and he wanted to make sure that Bears were one of those things that had been created, I told him that yes they were. He asked me what Bears eat, so I said "what do you think that they eat?" He shrugged his shoulders and I said "do you think they eat fish and berries and stuff that is in the woods where they live?" He shook his head yes, but another little girl shook her head no and said "Gross, bears wouldn't eat that. Bears eat the wings off of unicorns!" She was so serious that I had to hold in my laughter and just say "Wow Ellie, that's pretty creative". She is one of my favorites in class, because she has lots of siblings and is not afraid of saying whatever comes to her mind. Another of my favorites from Ellie: We were talking about the kids that turn 8 and can be baptized and they are in the CTR 8 class. I asked her do you know what CTR stands for? She said no, so I told her it stands for Choose The Right. Oh, she said and he eyes got wide and excited and she smilingly said "I know what Sunbeams stands for...Choose the Left".
AWESOME!
So if you are ever bored and you have small children teach them the game of telephone and see what happens!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Wouldn't a game of Telephone be hilarious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you so much for the flowers! You are so thoughtful to send me flowers after each baby.
Post a Comment