Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring is in the Air

Since Jude has learned to ride his bike without training wheels, we have been doing a lot of family bike rides! First of all I need to thank Summer for running after Jude and Maile a few fridays ago, to teach them both to learn to ride without training wheels, when I was at work. Jude was so excited to tell me that he could ride his bike without training wheels!! Pretty much everyday since then he has asked to go on a bike ride after school and work. Gordon and I have been riding with him and we are enjoying it too!
Last Thursday the two of them ride from our house to the bike path behind his office (approx 3 miles) then they rode to the end of the bike path in Central Point, past the Expo, over the overpass, by Scenic and across the highway to Gordon's grandparents house. He mapped it out afterwards and thinks they rode about 12 miles. They called me later and I picked them up, since it was getting dark and they wouldn't be able to make it home before it was totally dark. Jude loved it even though Gordon said he crashed/fell off his bike 3 times.
On Saturday Nicole, Susan, Jude, Dallas and I went to the Pear Blossom parade. Jude and Dallas had a fun collecting candy that was being thrown at them. The weather was kind of crazy though, it was windy, but the sun was shining which was great! My scalp got it's first sunburn of the season. After the parade and really late lunch/dinner, we all went for a bike ride and Gordon joined us. We rode from Medford to Blue Heron park in Phoenix/Talent and played at the park until the clouds looked like they were about to burst and soak us! We all had fun!

Even Nicole and Gordon tried riding the buckin' bronco. I think all Nicole's practice has been worth it. Gordon on the other hand might need to work on his skills.


No comments: