So it's almost the last day of March 2008! Where has the first part of the year gone? I am excited that the weather will be getting warmer and we will be able to do some camping in my sweet little 1963 Aloha trailer! Gordon still has not warmed up to the camping in trailers idea...he calls it lounging, but my sisters and I love it! We are planning a girls trip this summer since we didn't get to go last year. I will try and post some of my trailer pictures, since Gordon did such a wonderful job on the cabinetry and everything else. My trailer was a real family project! Gordon was supposed to pull out one wall and a cabinet and when I came back after taking care of Jude, I had no walls, cabinets, or ceiling and a closet through the front window. Gordon wanted to burn it, but my mom wouldn't let him light a fire in the field, plus I protested! So he put in new electrical, I insulated it, Sean (my brother-in-law) put up the new walls and ceilings, Monica textured (with my awesome new air texture gun) and painted, Monica and I laid a wood laminate floor, Sean put in the supports for the back bed, and Gordon did pretty much the rest of the woodwork. Monica and I made curtains, cushions, blankets and all the rest of the good stuff. Oh I forgot, Gordon had an old stereo out of one of our cars, so he mounted it in the back on the shelf and I even have surround sound!
Anyway, I'm ready for warmer weather and to be in the great outdoors!
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm ready too!!
We're about ready to take our trailer and go. We're excited.
Post a Comment