Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Beautiful Deck!

Gordon has built a deck in our backyard that is so awesome that I just had to show everyone. I helped hold the surveying pole to make sure it was level and I tried to help drill in a screw, but I wasn't pressing hard enough and the drill stripped the top of the screw, Gordon made fun of me and laughed, so I told him he was on his own. He got a good laugh, so he was good with working by himself from then on.



Anyway, Gordon has great ideas and is super creative and this project again shows his "mad skills". He cemented in the metal poles that will hold the cover (when it's made), but he adapted our outside water faucet to bring water to the pole and he installed a drinking fountain for Jude and a sink for us when we're outside or BBQing. We wanted to put gold pans as the sinks, but they were not readily accessible, so Gordon got these bowls, adapted them to become sinks and they are usable now. I know, the shower head is kind of crazy, but we had an extra one, so that is what is on there for now. The other pole has been wired with electricity, so there will be a plug in on the side, and we can put lights under the canopy when it's done.




4 comments:

John, Tish and Peyton Maughan said...

That is AWESOME!!! Good work Gordon! You know we've got a spot all ready for a deck, so now we know where to go for advice and ideas! Very cool!

Monica said...

Excellent Gordon, looks good as usual.

The George's said...

Great Job Gordon! We can't wait to come over and use it now.

Tiana Johnson said...

That is crazy awesome!!!! I love the drinking fountain and water spout idea, and I would think the shower head would be a perfect spray if you were needing to rinse your hands or something. I want to do that at my house!!! I'm showing Hyrum! I can't wait to see the canopy.