Monday, June 2, 2008

Some of you might remember about a month ago I wrote that I was going to try my hand at making a quilt...well it's done! I would have to say that quilting is very involved and I did enjoy putting all the pieces together, but I honestly really don't like the actual machine quilting part. Gordon's Grandma is awesome at quilting and inspired me to do this quilt, which began as a whole other pattern, but it was WAY too advanced for me, so I have all the pieces and I put this quilt top together with all the scraps left from the other top. I would have to say that the binding on this quilt it definitely the best I have ever done, thanks again to Grandma Pedersen! She taught me how to make my own binding and it works sooooo much better than store bought binding, plus she showed me the secret to cornering and it made all the difference. Anyway, I love the colors and Jude told me that he liked it to, but he would like me to make him one that's not pink, since "Mom, pink is for girls". Gordon even took a picture of me holding it, but he wouldn't tell me when he was going to take it , so this is the least goofy picture of me with my latest achievement!



6 comments:

John, Tish and Peyton Maughan said...

Good job Tome!!!

Jennifer and Freddie said...

Great Job!!!

The George's said...

Way to go Tome! It looks great.

Monica said...

excellent

The Lanyons said...

That's so cool! You're so crafty. If I tried to make a quilt I'd end up in the hospital!

Annie said...

I am impressed. I would like to try it someday and then I think about the time in Young Women's when we were tying a quilt and after about 45 min of me struggling - they asked me to go and ready the refreshments.....