This giraffe was up on the hill above the driver side of the car and I couldn't see it since the Magnum has such a low roof, but Gordon took this picture and it took me a little while to find the giraffe among the trees.
The brown bears were actually awake and playing in the pond. You have to roll your windows up in the bear section, but Jude was pretty happy about that since they were so close and active. They had a big fish that they were eating and splashing at each other with. I didn't realize how big brown bears were, but compared to the black bears that we have in the "wild" around here they are at least twice as big. I believe Grizzly bears are even bigger, but I could be mistaken. I would not want to meet any of them in person!

Jude pet a ferret and it took some coaxing, but he said it was soft. Then we walked around "the village" and looked at the other animals including porcupines, snakes (gross!), goats, flamingos, etc. Back in the back in the petting farm part they have a display cow that has udders that you can try your hands at milking. We are definitely not farmers, that's for sure!

3 comments:
glad you finally got to go. Looks like a fun day.
We love the safari too! We'll have to go together sometime.
Looks fun! Next time we're in Oregon we'll have to check it out.
Post a Comment