Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mall Carnival Extravaganza

Jude has been all about telling me how he's ready to ride the roller coasters now that he's not at Disneyland. He puts up a good talk, but is still a bit timid about the rides, especially if it has the possibility of going into darkness. Well Friday evening we went with Summer, Maile, Kai, Ty, Tori and Brody to the little carnival set up in the mall parking lot. We went the first night it was open, and I don't think that people had noticed it yet, so we had a great time pretty much by ourselves. We didn't have to ever wait in line and the kids rode rides that I was pretty surprised at. Jude rode the Drop Zone which raises you up really high (you had to be 45 inches the ride) and then drops you to the beginning point. He held on tight, looked a little frightened at the end, but asked if he could go again. I told him we needed to try some other things and if we had tickets left we would go again at the end. He rode all the other rides instead of riding that one a second time. (I took the picture through the fencing, since it was raised up on a platform.) I can't believe that he's big enough to go on the big kid rides at 4 years old!!! We went on some easier ones too. Jude and Maile sat across the ride from Summer and Kai and here they all are before the ride started:










And here is Kai during the ride. He liked when the dragon went up in the air, but got this concerned look on the way down!


He still trusted us to go on a few more rides, but my camera battery went dead, so this is about all the pictures I got. Even without more pictures a good time was had by all!

2 comments:

Tiana Johnson said...

We saw that carnival when we went to Target on Friday night on our way into town. My kids begged to go, but we were anxious to get to the house since Tasha was arriving soon. I can't believe Jude can go on those rides! Talea would love to go, but is far too short. She's only 42" with heels on (cowgirl boots).

John, Tish and Peyton Maughan said...

Looks like fun!!!