Friday, October 30, 2009

It's been a while...

So I realized that I haven't put much on our blog since Jude started school and I need to get some events on here.
So far Jude is liking school. The first week was REALLY hard. He didn't especially like getting up for school and even after almost 2 months, that still hasn't changed. He is such a doddler in the morning and it takes forever for the stinker to "wake up" enough to get himself started on things like getting dressed! Well...maybe it will get easier! I won't hold my breath though!
On the 21st of September there were 2 fires that started within in hours of eachother. The first one started in Ashland and went right up the hill toward Auntie and Uncle Pat's and Grandpa and LaVona's houses. The fire department and firefighters tried to evacuate as quickly as possible but Uncle Pat and Auntie quickly set into action and dug a fire line around their homes. One of our customers that we fly for (who owns a fire fighting company) called Dad and asked if Mom was ok. My dad let him know that Mom and their house was safe, but that the fire was up by Grandpa's house. He sent a crew out to go set a line to surround their homes only. They stayed overnight up there after the majority of the fire was put out so that they could watch and extinguish any hot spots. I am very appreciative to Mike and Grayback Forestry for caring for our family!

As the tankers were flying out of the fire base here at work on the Medford Airport, there was a fire that started on Roxy Ann just across the runway view from us. I took some pictures of the tankers as they were leaving and one of Dad and Uncle Danny watching the fires.






No comments: