Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Jude's first day of Kindergarten













I am still having a hard time believing that Jude is actually 5!!! He went to his first day of school today and since his school is a Title 1 school they offer free breakfast every morning for all the kids, so we made it early enough for him to eat breakfast before he started school at 7:50am! Jude did great and after I made sure that he made it to his class after breakfast he told me that I could just drop him off tomorrow and that I didn't need to come inside. Wow they do grow up! Little does he know that Gordon will be taking him tomorrow and he is going to do the same thing that I did today. I'm so glad that he actually had a positive experience the first day and wants to go back, because this summer we tried a city day camp and Jude cried most of the day, but the teenagers that were the leaders didn't call us, so there was no way that he was going back again. I was bummed because they had swimming lessons and everything, but it was just too devastating I guess. Oh well, I'm sure after he's in school for a year, he'll be ready for it and want to do all the fun summer stuff!
So here are a couple of pictures of Jude just as we were leaving the house for school and when I picked him up in the afternoon.

5 comments:

John, Tish and Peyton Maughan said...

Yay Juders!!! Have fun at school.

The George's said...

What a big kid!

Ty and Tori said...

Brody will miss him!

Johnson Jinx 09 said...

He is so stinkin' cute! What school does he attend? Title 1? What's that?

Tilly is homeschooling via internet.

Gotolson said...

Title 1 schools are public schools where a large percentage of the kids are low income, so they are subsidized by the federal government. He's going to Oak Grove Elementary.