Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tag from Tiana

10 year ago:
Gordon and I were married 10 1/2 years ago, so I was just graduating from BYU at almost this exact time 10 years ago. We moved back to Medford after graduation and I returned to work for my family at Jet Center.
5 things to do on my list:
1. Clean out my car! Jude loves to put his toys, coloring books, rocks, whatever else takes his fancy that day and put it in a box from work, tape it up, take it to the car and leave it there. No wonder his toybox here at work is getting empty!
2. Go to the gym. I missed the gym last week since Gordon was in Portland training for his new job and Summer had Jude so much, there was no way I would ask her to keep him longer!
3. Go the grocery store. I realized yesterday that all the veggies I had in the crisper are no longer crisp...thanks a lot crisper drawer!
4. Make a menu for the next couple of weeks, so that I don't come home and have to try to decide what to make, because if I have a list of what I could possibly make it's so much better for me. After work my mind is numb and I tell Gordon that I need to not have to make decisions or deal with problems, and choosing what to make for dinner sometimes pushes me over the edge.
5. Work on my quilt that I cut all the pieces for lastnight! We went over to Gordon's grandparents on monday for our family home evening (we took them dessert) and his Grandma (Grammy, as Jude calls her) had a quilt that she was working on and it was so cute that I told her I would get one going and then come over to her house to have her help me do the binding...I'm so excited! I found a cute pattern in one of my quilt books, so I looked through my fabric and found some that I believe will look good together, so we'll see what happens.
3 of my bad habits:
1. Pushing unfolded laundry off the bed to go to sleep. It tends to be there for a couple of days if I don't take care of it right away.
2. Ignoring Jude at work when I'm on the phone. We've been working on manners when we're in public, so maybe the tapping and hair pulling to get my attention will end soon.
3. Blowing off the gym to do something fun. Yes, I'm a slacker most of the time, especially in the summer time...the lake and our boat seem to draw me away!
5 places I've lived:
Ashland
Medford
Orem
Springville
Provo
5 jobs I've had:
1. I started by cleaning the office at work... toilets, sweeping etc as well as cleaning aircraft and parking them.
2. Temp job at college, I pulled staples and paperclips to get applications ready to scan.
3. Receptionist in the admissions counseling office at college. I answered all the email sent to the admissions office. It greatly improved my typing skills as I responded to approximately 100 emails per day.
4. Receptionist back at the office.
5. Office manager, bookkeeper, director of customer service...these are my current "job descriptions"
Things most people don't know about me:
I have my own set of tools, including my very own 9Volt cordless drill. For Christmas a couple of years ago I asked Gordon for my own set of tools, so that I didn't have to go out in the garage and try and find what I needed. He got me a full set of tools including additional drill bits and nice craftsman bags. He told I asked for tools, so he got me some too. I have two full sets and bags so that I have one for home when I need to do little repairs or need screw drivers to open toys and one in the car for when I need tools at work or camping. It's one of the best christmas presents that I have ever gotten! I still have a six inch titanium plate and seven screws in my ankle that the doctor didn't remove after I broke my ankle.
4 places I go to over and over:
Work, home, walmart and target. I swear I've been to target more in the past two weeks than I have been in the past 2 months! Walmart just seems to have things that I need for the best price. I sometimes feel like I just left work, but it's time to go back! Home...I don't think I'm there enough and I have so many things I want to do, but they seem to take so much time and I don't feel like I ever get them done, oh well, maybe someday.
Four people who email me regularly:
My mom, people from work, Aunt Susie, and bill reminders.
Four places I like to eat:
Roadhouse-I love their salads and rolls.
Wild River Pizza, I love pizza and they have great homebrewed root beer.
Olive Garden-Gordon's doesn't care for it much either, so this is one of the usual choices when we go out a sisters or just the girls.
Most mexican places-I don't think I have a favorite one, but I do like mexican food, especially when they serve warm chips.
Four places I would like to be right now:
Hawaii
Disneyland (gordon would protest on that one, but I think Jude would enjoy it again, but not disneyworld, because the flight there is not that great! I'll take the day long drive instead)
Cruise (Alaska, Hawaii, Bahamas, wherever!)
Houseboat at Shasta in the sunshine
Four people who will respond (I'm tagging you):
Tish, Monica, Emily, Tori
Four TV shows:
Top Chef-I am always interested in their skills and ideas, I could do without all the beeping out that they have to do for foul language.
Moving Up- It's fun to see people try to improve their houses.
CSI & Law & Order- I like the detective stuff
Most shows on HGTV, especially House Hunters

No comments: