On Monday morning at 3:00am I got a call from Ty who was on a flight in Pendelton Oregon, that Tori's water broke and she needed to get to the hospital. So I changed out of my PJ's and went over to their house and picked her up. We got to the hospital and they put monitors on Tori and realized that she was actually starting to have contractions and we already knew that the baby was breach, so they called the on-call doctor (Tori's regular doctor was on vacation) and she came in a confirmed that he was breach so she had them set up the surgery room and they took Tori in there to prep her. Tori let me come in as well, so I put on the scrubs that they gave me and sweet hair net, mask and booties and after they had done the anesthetic they let me come in. I took my camera (you can only take still shots in surgery) and took as many pictures as I could so that Ty would be able to see them later. Tori did great! The baby was a bit blue when he was born, but the respiratory therapist and the RN rubbed him down, sucked out his mouth and gave him some oxygen and he started little cries...then they got louder. He still a relatively quiet cryer, compared to Jude, but he peed on the RN and RT so they put a diaper on him and bundled him up and he calmed right down. I've never been in on a c-section before and it was really quite interesting. The doctors were very impressed that I wasn't even remotely bothered by the blood and incision and stuff. I wish Ty could have been there, but I am glad that they let me experience it and be there for Tori. Oh and he was 6 lbs 15.7 oz and 18 1/2 inches long, born on 7/28/08 at 5:44am.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
He has a name! Brody Charles George
Anyway, without any more blabbing here are a couple of pics:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
YEAHHHHHH!!! What a fun adventure! I'm glad you got to see the C-Section! I think it would be neat to see!
WOW!! That is too neat! I hate it for TY..but what a great experience! It is totally amazing isn't it!!
Oh! I can see the George in him! How cool that you got to experience the whole thing! I bet Tori was glad for the support since Ty couldn't be there. Poor Ty. Maybe next time. It's funny that I've thought of both Brock and Brody for names (for Hyatt), but didn't choose them, and then here they are in the family after all. Cool! I'm proud of you for having the guts to watch the whole thing. I couldn't have watched it. Blood and cutting freaks me out.
Post a Comment