Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pull over!


Why is it when you're driving and you see those blue and red flashing lights turn on behind you that you suddenly feel so anxious and get that sudden feeling like you are soooo in trouble! Last night, oh wait this morning around 1:00am I was pulled over while driving home from Tish's near Portland. Gordon drove the first half of the drive to Roseburg and we traded and I was driving the remaining drive when I got pulled over just outside of the city of Rogue River. The state trooper was a little cautious when he approached our window tinted Magnum with 21+ inch rims, but as soon as he shined his light in the back seat and saw a sleeping Jude, he came closer to the car and asked me if I knew that I had crossed over the fog line several times. I told him that I didn't realize that I had, but gave him my license and everything else and waited as he walked back to his patrol car. After a few minutes he returned handed me back my ID and said, "If you tired please pull off at exit 33, there's a pilot station there and you can sleep if you need to. I was just making sure that you hadn't been drinking. I'm not going to give you a citation, but please make sure that you're paying attention and do pull off it you get tired." What the heck...it's 1:00am...of course I'm not at a prime state of alert, but I certainly was after that! I was thinking about this and that is the second time in the past almost 5 years that I have been pulled over on suspicion on drunk driving!!! Two days before I had Jude, Gordon and his brother Brad decided to raft down the river from Dodge Bridge to Touvelle Park. They left Brad's car at Touvelle, so that they could drive back up to Dodge Bridge and get our pickup after they were done rafting. Anyway, Brad didn't want to lose his keys while they were rafting, so he locked them in our pickup for safe keeping. Ahhh yes, Gordon called me to come pick them up and take them back to Dodge bridge to get keys so they could get Brad's car. Anyway, before I got to the park, I was pulled over for again crossing over the line! What is the deal with going outside of the lines occasionally!!!! Isn't it better that I cross over the outside line, rather than the middle line? I would think so, so I tend to hug the outside line! I didn't get a ticket that time either, but this time I had to giggle a little, since here I was driving with Gordon as an installer for vehicular Breathalyzers...and his wife is being pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving. Well if I had gotten a ticket, I'd know where to go to get a unit!

3 comments:

John, Tish and Peyton Maughan said...

That's hillarious!!! Glad you didn't get a ticket!

The George's said...

That's a funny story, just glad it turned out ok. I hate when see those light pull up behind you, I always get a huge pit in my stomach.

Tiana Johnson said...

So funny! I got pulled over once for suspicion of drunk driving because I forgot to turn my headlights on. Actually, Gordon was with me. It was back in high school before you guys started dating and I was driving him home.