Sunday, May 18, 2008


Jude did this pose for me when he realized that I was taking his picture yesterday! Gordon painted Monica and Tori's trailers yesterday in our hangar at the airport that is seriously coming apart at the seams! Hopefully soon it will be knocked down. Anyway, I knew we were going to be there and it was around 103 degrees, so I bought this $5 pool and Jared and Monte and I blew it up, filled it with water and Jude had a great time playing in the pool while Gordon painted. He also had new Batman swim trunks, so that made it all worth while!
If you didn't know....Jude loves Batman! During his first month or so of preschool they were talking about professions and different jobs that people had and on his way home that day, Jude told Gordon that he wanted to be a plumber. Gordon said "That would be great Jude". Then about a week later he was driving home again and he told Gordon " Dad, I decided that I don't want to be a plumber any more." Gordon said "Oh yeah? What do you want to be when you grow up?" Jude said "Dad, I am going to be Batman!" Gordon chuckled and told me about it when they got home. That was several months ago and Jude still will tell anyone that asks him that he wants to be Batman when he grows up! I told him that's great as long as he's Bruce Wayne during the day and will let us live with him. He looks at me confused and says, "Mom I just want to be Batman, but you and Dad can live with me."

2 comments:

John, Tish and Peyton Maughan said...

That's so cute! Stay cool Batman!

Annie said...

I can't believe it has been so hot there! Jude is super cute!

PS: LOVE YOUR GARDEN!