
Last week the weather was awesome and Jude was with me at work so we decided to go to the park for lunch with Aunt Monica. They just built a new little park across the street from a couple of subdivisions and we hadn't tried it out yet, so we thought we would see what it has to offer. I raced Jude down the slide and won, but he told me that he wasn't racing and that he was just watching me slide instead. (That's usually the excuse when he loses, that it wasn't a race.) Monica and Jude swung on this cool "tire swing" for quite a while. Jude and I started on it, but he wanted to go on the slides instead, which was fine with me, because it made me a little motion sick. (It swings and also kind of bounces up and down at the same time.)
Ty and Brody came a little while later and joined in the fun. Ty tried to talk Jude into climbing all the way to the top of this merry-go-round, but he wouldn't do it. That's as high as he got. It's pretty hilarious that I got a picture with Jude's face exactly in that circle, because it was spinning as they were climbing. Monica sat in the middle and held Brody as the boys climbed.


Then when we were about ready to go, Jude, Ty and Brody got on the cone tire swing. Ty made Jude jump off and it was little scared at first, but thought it was pretty cool, when he was done. By the way, Brody is not crying in the picture. He is squinting because the sun was shining in his eyes...the only bad thing about a brand new park, No Trees! He was laughing at Jude, so Jude pushed his head toward the camera.
3 comments:
How fun! Looks like a sweet park with so many cool new toys. Our parks have old rusty stuff with peeling paint. Oh well. Tilly hates losing too, and will pout if she loses. I'm trying to figure out how to make her a better loser. She does love climbing though, and I imagine she'd be sitting on the top of that thing, though Hyatt wouldn't be.
Love the family picture, by the way.
Hey Tom, It's Nancy Powell (Lacy)
I was doing some blog surfing and found your blog. Jude is such a cute kid!! I'm adding you to the list of blogs I check and I invite you to come to mine if you want. Hope things are well!
nanc
Post a Comment